Sources claim that as part of ongoing federal inquiries into the Gambino crime family, the FBI has been searching two horse farms in upstate New York for bodies.
As per an FBI spokesperson and News 12, federal agents searched the grounds of the homes on Hampton Road in Goshen as well as Hamptonburgh Road in Campbell Hall on Wednesday after they arrived on Tuesday.
They arrived at the five-mile-apart Orange County farms after receiving a tip that bodies were buried there, which was verified by a law enforcement source.
Ten men associated with the Gambino crime family were taken into custody last week, which may have something to do with the search.
According to a statement from authorities, the men were detained for allegedly forcing their way into demolition and garbage hauling companies in New York City by using baseball bats and other forms of intimidation.
Accusations of extortion, racketeering conspiracy, witness retaliation, as well as union-related offenses are included in a 16-count indictment that was unsealed in federal court and charges the men connected to the notorious Brooklyn crime syndicate.
FBI Investigates Gambino Crime Family, Searching for Bodies
Searching for bodies, the FBI searched two farms in upstate New York as part of the ongoing inquiry into the Gambino crime family.
On Tuesday, federal agents showed up at the homes on Hampton Road in Goshen as well as Hamptonburgh Road in Campbell Hall. On Wednesday, they searched the property.
A List of the Defendants
- Joseph Lanni, aliases for “Joe Brooklyn” and “Mommino,” is a purported leader in the Gambino organized criminal family.
- “Danny” Diego Tantillo
- “Fifi,” or Angelo Gradilone, was an alleged Gambino soldier.
- James LaForte, purported soldier from Gambino
- Vito Rappa, an alleged Sicilian Mafia member and Gambino associate based in the United States
- Francesco Vicari, popularly called “Uncle Ciccio,” is a purported Sicilian Mafia member and Gambino associate who is based in the United States.
- Salvatore DiLorenzo, a purported associate of the Gambinos
- An alleged Gambino associate is Robert Brooke.
- Kyle Johnson, commonly referred to as “Twin”
- “Vinny Slick,” aka Vincent Minsquero