DCSD honors students with outstanding character through 2018STAND Awards
DARLINGTON, S.C. – Students from across the Darlington County School District earned recognition last week during the 2018 STAND Awards Ceremony at St. John’s Elementary School.
STAND is an acronym for “Students Taking Action, Not Drugs.” The awards are presented to a student from each school for displaying positive character, encouraging others to live drug-free lifestyles, and seeking to improve in academics and behavior.
The ceremony is the annual culmination of the district’s Drug-Free Schools and Character Education program. The winners are selected by their schools after completing the program.
School faculty, family and friends attended the ceremony, which featured a keynote address by Mallorie Singletary, a graduating junior from Hartsville High School.
Mayo High School for Math, Science and Technology’s “Phoenix Phame” show choir gave a musical performance during the event.
The 2018 STAND Award winners are:
· Emilee Lloyd, Brockington Elementary Magnet School
· Nevaeh Ham, Brunson-Dargan Elementary School
· Nygeria Hickman, Cain Elementary School
· Rainn Dyce, Carolina Elementary School
· Miriael Lesane, Darlington County Institute of Technology
· Kinsley Benton, Darlington County Intervention School
· Tylek Deberry, Darlington High School
· Angel Johnson, Darlington Middle School
· Elianna Thompson, Hartsville High School
· Reggion Bennett, Hartsville Middle School
· JaLiyah Quillen, Lamar Elementary School
· Diajaih Lee, Lamar High School
· Alexanderia Moore, Mayo High School for Math, Science and Technology
· Annsley Tolar, North Hartsville Elementary School
· Nevan Joyner, Pate Elementary School
· Breanna Mills, Rosenwald Elementary/Middle School
· Jarvis Richardson, Southside Early Childhood Center
· Timothy Joyner, Spaulding Elementary School
· Jayda Grosse, Spaulding Middle School
· Mya Joe, St. John’s Elementary School
· Brayden Rhodes, Thornwell School for the Arts
· Caroline Ard, Washington Street Elementary School
· Emilee Tiller, West Hartsville Elementary School