DCSD to adjust schedule for free student meals
DARLINGTON, S.C. – Beginning Monday, the Darlington County School District (DCSD) will shift their “grab-and-go” food program for students to twice a week, while still providing a full week’s worth of nutritional breakfast and lunch meals. The meals are available for pickup at locations across the county.
Any child who is 18 years old or younger can get drive-thru, “grab-and-go” meal bags at more than 30 locations on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. On Monday, students will receive food for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, students will receive food for the remainder of the week (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday).
The child or children must be present at the time of pick up. The meal bags will contain breakfast, lunch and a snack, so only one trip needs to be made each day.
The following schools will be open for drive-thru pick up on Mondays and Wednesdays:
- Darlington Middle School
- Darlington High School
- Hartsville Middle School
- Hartsville High School
- Lamar High School
- Mayo High School for Math, Science and Technology
- Rosenwald Elementary/Middle School
Additionally, the following locations will be open for drive-thru pick up on Monday and Wednesday (look for school buses):
- East Park Apartments
- South Park Apartments
- Swift Creek Apartments
- Centerville AME Church
- Antioch Baptist Church (Old Camden Road)
- Lydia Trailer Park
- Forrest Ridge Apartments
- Leesburg/Carolina Avenue (Pull Off Area)
- Stoney Brook Trailer Park
- Bethlehem United Methodist Church (Bethlehem Road)
- Greenhill Baptist Church
- Kay Branch Baptist Church
- West Hartsville Elementary School
- Bowens Manor Apartments
- Oakwood/Pepper Drive (Pull Off Area)
- Merita Bread on Highway 52
- New Providence Baptist Church
- New Hopewell Baptist Church
- 1608 Elissa Drive (Softball Field)
- Dovesville Park (Old Fire Department)
- 1005 McIver Road (Across from Fibers Industries)
- Cambridge Apartments
- Intersection of Lamar Hwy & South Center Road
- St. John’s UMC
- 6140 Oates Highway (Fire Station)
Again, these locations will serve “grab-and-go” meal bags from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Monday and Wednesday during the school closures. This plan is subject to change due to service needs.
For more information, please contact the DCSD Office of Food Services 843-398-2315.